Friday, March 18, 2011
Cranberry and white chocolate shortbread
1 3/4 cups All-purpose Flour
1/2 cup Corn starch
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup Dried cranberries
1/2 cup White chocolate chips
** Icing sugar for dusting(optional)**
1. preheat the oven to 300 F. Line a 9"x 13" baking pan with parchment paper so that it overhangs ends for easy removal. You can use a baking sheet pan, just use 1/3 of the pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour with corn startch and salt.
3. Using a mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter soft and cream. Add the icing sugar and beat for another 1-2 minutes.
4. Stir in the flour mixture, then cranberries and chocolate chips.Using floured fingers( or an extra parchment paper, pat evenly in a prepared pan. Using a fork prock the surface all over.
5. Bake in preheated oven 40-50 minutes or until deep gold around the edges. Let it stand in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Using the parchment paper, lift out of the pan. Slice into bars while still warm. Cool completely. Dust with icing sugar if desired.